Migrate ArchiMate 1.0 to ArchiMate 2
If you have created a model for ArchiMate 1.0, you can migrate all or part of it to ArchiMate 2 using the Automation Interface function Migrate(). This function updates the Tagged Values and, if required, stereotypes to ArchiMate for all elements, attributes, connectors and diagrams under the selected Package or element. There is no need to migrate from earlier releases of Archimate 2 to later releases.
This VB script calls the Migrate() function to migrate the Package or element to ArchiMate 2:
Sub MigrateElement (sGUID, lngPackageID)
Dim proj as EA.Project
set proj = Repository.GetProjectInterface
proj.Migrate sGUID, "Archimate", "Archimate2"
'refresh the model
If lngPackageID<>0 Then
Dim selElement as EA.Element
Dim selPackage as EA.Package
selType = GetTreeSelectedItemType
If selType = 4 Then 'means Element
set selElement = GetTreeSelectedObject
MigrateElement selElement.ElementGUID, selElement.PackageID
MsgBox "Element Migration Completed",0,"Archimate2 Migration"
ElseIf selType = 5 Then 'means Package
set selPackage = GetTreeSelectedObject
MigrateElement selPackage.PackageGUID, selPackage.PackageID
MsgBox "Package Migration Completed",0,"Archimate2 Migration"
MsgBox "Select a Package or Element in the Project Browser to initiate migration",0,"Archimate2 Migration"
- All diagrams are converted to Business Layer diagrams
- Collaboration elements are converted to Business Collaboration or Application Collaboration depending on the value of the 'collaborationtype' Tagged Value
- Object elements are converted to Business Object, Contract or Data Object depending on the value of the 'objecttype' Tagged Value
- Interface elements are converted to Business Interface, Application Interface or Infrastructure Interface depending on the value of the 'interfacetype' Tagged Value
- Function elements are converted to Business Function or Application Function depending on the value of the 'functiontype' Tagged Value
- Interaction elements are converted to Business Interaction or Application Interaction depending on the value of the 'interactiontype' Tagged Value
- Service elements are converted to Business Service, Application Service or Infrastructure Service depending on the value of the 'servicetype' Tagged Value
- The 'iconstyle' Tagged Value is removed and the 'Use Rectangle Notation' menu option is set on or off as appropriate
- Process elements become Business Process elements
- Event elements become Business Event elements
- Actor elements become Business Actor elements
- Role elements become Business Role elements
- Component elements become Application Component elements
- Software elements become System Software elements
- Specialisation connectors become Specialization connectors
- Realisation connectors become Realization connectors
- Network Connector connectors become Network
- Node elements now extend UML Class elements
- Software elements now extend UML Class elements
- Junction elements now extend UML Decision elements