Control macros are used to control the processing and formatting of the templates. The basic types of control macro include:
- The list macro, for generating multiple element features, such as attributes and operations
- The branching macros, which form if-then-else constructs to conditionally execute parts of a template
- The PI macro for formatting new lines in the output, which takes effect from the next non-empty line
- A PI function macro that enables setting PI to a variable and adds the ability to set the PI that is generated before the next line
- The synchronization macros
In general, control macros are named according to Camel casing.