Import a Directory Structure
You can import from all source files in a complete directory structure, which enables you to import or synchronize multiple files in a directory tree in one pass.
Enterprise Architect creates the necessary Packages and diagrams during the import process.
Project Browser | Right-click on Package | Code Engineering | Import Source Directory
Import a directory structure, using the Import Source Directory dialog
Select the options you require; you can configure:
- The source directory
- The source type
- The file extensions to look at
- Whether to recurse sub directories
- Whether to create a diagram for each Package
- Whether to import additional files as described in the 'Import Component Types' dialog
- Whether to exclude private members from libraries being imported from the model
- Whether to Synchronize or Overwrite existing Classes when found; if a model Class is found matching the one in code:
- 'Synchronize' updates the model Class to include the details from the one in code, which preserves information
not represented in code, such as the location of Classes in diagrams
- 'Overwrite' deletes the model Class and generates a new one from code, which deletes and does not replace the
- Whether to create a Package for every directory, namespace or file; this might be restricted depending on the source type selected
- How to handle Classes not found during the import (prompt for action enables you to review Classes individually)
- What is shown on diagrams created by the import
Classes not found during Import
Click on the to start.
Learning Center topics
- Alt+F1 | Enterprise Architect | Software Engineering | Import Code | Import Source Directory