Author Topic: Individual hiding/showing attributes and operations in a class/interface  (Read 499 times)

fredb

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
I have read posts back as far as 2008 indicating that you can show or hide individual attributes and operations in a class diagram.  Unfortunately, in examining the property dialogs of both the diagrams and classes, I am not seeing those check boxes or options that would perform a show or hide for the individual attributes or operations.  After several layers of inheritance, implementation classes can have an enormous number of attributes and operations, making the creation of a concise diagram to communicate a concept difficult.  Could you please point me to a help topic or tutorial or white paper on how to do this?  Thank you very much!

Fred

Simon M

• EA Administrator
  • EA Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Individual hiding/showing attributes and operations in a class/interface
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 08:20:15 am »
Look for 'Set Feature Visibility'.

http://sparxsystems.com/enterprise_architect_user_guide/13.0/modeling_tools/setfeaturevisibility.html

Unfortunately, I'm not sure it will help you. Inherited attributes and operations can only be hidden or displayed as a complete set.

EA_User_India

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Re: Individual hiding/showing attributes and operations in a class/interface
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 12:30:20 am »
Hello Sorry For the delayed reply.

Yes you can do it select a class -> Right- Click on Context Menu -> Features and Propertes -> Feature and Compartment Visiblity
In the Feature and Compartment Visiblity (Window) , you will see attribute visiblity
Check the check box near custom and click custom and pick which attribute you want to display.

The same can done in interface to hide/show attributes and operations.

Hope this helps.

BR
Nabil