Sparx Systems releases Enterprise Architect 9
Milestone release redefines the value of model driven development.
Creswick, Australia, June 21, 2011 – Sparx Systems, a leading vendor of modeling tools based on open standards, today announced the official release of Enterprise Architect 9, a major update to its award winning modeling and design platform.
Enterprise Architect 9 offers innovative solutions to those faced with the task of developing and managing highly complex processes, software and systems in a timely manner. “It redefines the possibilities of visual modeling and design environments”, commented Tom O'Reilly, Sparx Systems COO. “Version 9 includes hundreds of new analysis, collaboration and productivity enhancements, which enable software developers, business analysts and systems engineers to think through and communicate their solutions - before dedicating their resources to a course of action.”
Ramsay Millar, Practice Leader for Integrate IT, said “Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect 9 is a highly unique product that defies the traditional definition of mature market Case Tools. This remarkable product is like a high quality 'swiss army knife' that may be applied to the entire business model, architecture and software product delivery cycle."
“Our customers rely on Enterprise Architect to assist them to model and design the processes, software and systems which are helping them innovate and perform day-to-day business,” remarked Mr. O'Reilly. “Central to this release has been the integration of essential new tools and capabilities into Enterprise Architect's single, agile environment.”
A few release highlights include:
· Support for the latest OMG standards including UML 2.3, BPMN 2.0 and SysML 1.2. BPEL generation from BPMN models. Gap Analysis tools. Win32 profiles and new 'hand drawn' modes for effective and conceptual user interface prototyping.
· New tools and methods for managing full and partial models shared using standard or version controlled packages. Supports improved development of models in a highly distributed and/or tightly controlled development scenario.
· A new suite of tools to test and verify system behavior and assist developers build accurate and robust code. New analytical and quality assurance capabilities include behavioral simulation, visual execution analysis capabilities and PHP debugging. Also new is the ability to apply xUnit style test logic on top of existing code using Programming by Contract principles.
· All new tools to manage project resources and tasks and how they integrate into the overall development effort. Includes new features such as the Project Calendar for scheduling and Gantt charts to track resources and work assignments. Collaborate at the model level using the new Personal Information Manager which helps the user track their personal tasking, their workspaces, workflow responsibilities and to stay in touch with other modelers using an integrated Model Mail feature.
· Improved ability to publish models in flexible and varying formats. Enhancements include the ability to publish reports in PDF format, generate HTML reports from Model and Master documents, new reporting capabilities and a new document template designer.
· An even more flexible and intuitive environment is built on the proven model of earlier versions; featuring numerous user interface upgrades and enhancements which optimize the user experience and improve both productivity and usability.
· All new resources to help master modeling and design concepts and employ the full range of Enterprise Architect's functionality. The new Learning Center contains hundreds of worked examples and step-by-step guides. Plus the new Application and Example patterns provide quick access to many useful worked examples.
To view the full list of the updates and enhancements in Enterprise Architect 9 visit:
About Sparx Systems
Named to the SD Times 100 list of top software companies for the past 3 consecutive years, Sparx Systems specializes in high performance and scalable visual modeling tools for the planning, design, construction and analysis of Systems, Software and Business systems.
With customers in industries ranging from aerospace and automotive engineering to finance, defense, government, entertainment and telecommunications, Sparx Systems is a leading vendor of innovative solutions based on the Unified Modeling Language (UML) and its related specifications. A Contributing Member of the Object Management Group (OMG), Sparx Systems is committed to realizing the potential of model-driven development based on open standards.
The company's flagship product, Enterprise Architect, has received numerous accolades since its commercial release in August, 2000. Now at version 9, Enterprise Architect is the design tool of choice for over 250,000 registered users world-wide.