The UML profiles for DoDAF and MODAF enable practitioners to create models using the Department of Defense and Ministry of Defense architectural frameworks. These models are organized into a set of viewpoints that address the needs of specific stakeholders.
MDG Technology for DoDAF-MODAF allows Enterprise Architect users to:
- Create architectural models for large-scale systems, which may include hardware, software, data, personnel and facility elements.
- Define consistent architectures for modeling systems-of-systems.
- Analyze, specify, design, and verify system models using appropriate levels of abstraction.
- Employ a rigorous, standards based approach to defining and exchanging architecture information using UML, XMI and related standards.
- Comprehensive UML Profiles for DoDAF and MODAF
- A visual, clickable framework interface for DoDAF and MODAF model hierarchies
- DoDAF and MODAF model templates with context-sensitive modeling to maximize productivity
- Model validation to help ensure consistency and correctness
- Easy navigation of architecture diagrams in the dynamic Model Views window
- Profiles for Enterprise Architect’s Element List and Relationship Matrix to display and edit the model in tabular form
- Detailed example model
For further information, please see the MDG Technology for DoDAF-MODAF User Guide, in pdf format (243 KB)