When you have created a structured scenario, you can generate any of these diagrams from it:
- With ActivityParameter
- With Action
- With Action Pin
- Rule Flow
Access On a diagram or in the Project Browser, right-click on element and select:
Properties > Scenarios > Structured Specification or
Properties Page | Scenarios > Structured Specification
Generate the required diagram
Create the scenario structure on the 'Structured Specification' tab.
|Structured Specification Tab
Click on the ('Generate Diagram') icon in the toolbar on the tab.
Click on the type of diagram to generate.
Enterprise Architect generates the diagram and notifies you that generation is complete. Click on the and then close the 'Properties' dialog to review the diagram.
If the diagram being generated already exists under the selected element, a prompt displays to overwrite or synchronize with that diagram.
Select the appropriate radio button to:
- The 'Synchronize elements in existing diagram' option enables the 'Preserve Diagram Layout' checkbox, which you can select to preserve the existing arrangement of elements and connectors on the diagram; any new elements are added to the diagram in the default position, and you manually position them in the diagram as required; if you do not select the checkbox, the diagram is recast in the default layout
It is recommended that you uncheck the 'Preserve Diagram Layout' checkbox if you are synchronizing elements with scenario steps:
- When new steps have been added or existing steps have been deleted or moved within the Use Case
- For the first time in a Use Case that has been imported from XMI with the 'Strip GUIDs' option selected
- For the first time in a Use Case that has been copied and pasted in the Project Browser, or
- For the first time in a Use Case whose containing Package has been copied and pasted in the Project Browser