The Zachman Framework Add-In registers with Enterprise Architect to receive model validation requests from users.
Configure Model Validation
To configure Enterprise Architect to perform Zachman Framework model validation, select:
- Package | Model Validation | Configure Validation Rules
The 'Model Validation Configuration' dialog displays.
To perform validation on Zachman Framework models only, click on the button and then click on the checkbox for 'Zachman Framework (ZF) Rules'. Click on the .
Validate Zachman Framework Model
You can validate, against the Zachman Framework rules:
- An element and any connectors attached to it
- A diagram and all its elements, or
- A Package and all its diagrams and elements
To do this, click on the element, diagram or Package and then select:
- Package | Model Validation | Validate Current Package
The 'Model Validation status' dialog displays, showing the progress of the validation.