Please note : This help page is not for the latest version of Enterprise Architect. The latest help can be found here.
How to Context Filter a Diagram
As you review a modeling diagram, it is possible to click on any element on the diagram and show only those elements that are directly related to the selected element. All other elements are grayed out until you click on the diagram background.
Layout > : Choose 'Relationships' from the drop-down list
Layout > Tools > Diagram Filters : Right-click dialog background > Context Filtering
Show > Portals > Window > Diagram > Diagram Filters : Right-click dialog background > Context Filtering
- When you set the option and click on an element, any elements on the diagram that are not directly related to the selected element are grayed out
- Setting the context filter applies to all diagrams that are open; you can select an element on each opened (floating) diagram and examine their relationships together
- To clear the filtering (but not turn Context Filtering off) press the key
- To select the next element in a direct chain or group of relationships on a diagram, press the ; the Tab key does not take you out of the element group
- To select the next element on the diagram, and display that element's related elements, use the arrow keys to move up, down, left or right to the next element in that direction; when moving left or right, the selection tends to be upwards rather than downwards
- When you enable the option on the Diagram Filters window, it overrides the Diagram Filters settings; to use the Diagram Filters again, toggle the 'Context Filtering' option off
- Context filtering can be made even more useful by highlighting the incoming and outgoing relationships in different colors, by pressing and holding the on the selected element