Please note : This help page is not for the latest version of Enterprise Architect. The latest help can be found here.
Tagged Value Types
When you are working with Tagged Values, you can create your own, custom, Tagged Values based on predefined, system-provided Tagged Value Types. With these, you can create:
- Tagged Values that are complex and based on predefined types, with or without tag filters
- Structured Tagged Values that are composite, containing other Tagged Values
- Tagged Values that return values from the various reference data tables
- Masked Tagged Values that insert user-provided data into a text string such as line of prompts or field names
By adding Tagged Values of any type to a Stereotype element in a Profile, you can define additional meta-information for the way in which a modeling element appears and behaves in a Technology. The Tagged Values are identified by attributes of the Stereotype element.
- You can transport Tagged Value Type definitions between models, using the 'Configure > Model > Transfer > Export Reference Data' and 'Import Reference Data' ribbon options; Tagged Value Types are exported as Property Types