Sparx Systems Forum

Enterprise Architect => Bugs and Issues => Topic started by: Paolo F Cantoni on May 09, 2012, 11:58:47 am

Title: Keyboard shortcuts missing from Model Search
Post by: Paolo F Cantoni on May 09, 2012, 11:58:47 am
The model search is a marvellous thing.

However, the keyboard shortcuts for the most often used functionality ([Alt+G] Find in Project Browser) and [Ctrl+U] Find in all Diagrams...) are missing; whereas the keyboard shortcut for Create a Linked Document ([Ctrl+Alt+D) which I use every day (NOT!) is available.

Reported,
Paolo
Title: Re: Keyboard shortcuts missing from Model Search
Post by: RoyC on May 09, 2012, 12:15:45 pm
As far as I can see, the keyboard shortcuts are available and do work - they are just not listed on the menu (or in the Help on the menu, which I have just updated to put them in).
Title: Re: Keyboard shortcuts missing from Model Search
Post by: Paolo F Cantoni on May 10, 2012, 10:05:54 am
Quote
As far as I can see, the keyboard shortcuts are available and do work - they are just not listed on the menu (or in the Help on the menu, which I have just updated to put them in).
I thught I'd tried the shortcuts and they didn't work - that's what prompted the report.  I've since tried them on other machines - not the original machine and they seem to work.  I'll get back to the original machine in a few days and check again.

And, yes they should be listed.

Paolo
Title: Re: Keyboard shortcuts missing from Model Search
Post by: stevesavage on May 23, 2012, 11:02:51 pm
@Paolo
I've found EA's shortcut keys to be very limited, so I've started using autohotkey http://www.autohotkey.com/ to create my own shortcutkeys.

I'll try to clean up my .ahk file this week and post for other EA users to use.