Sparx Systems Forum
Enterprise Architect => Bugs and Issues => Topic started by: Asperamanca on July 04, 2012, 04:52:40 pm
-
When I add a note to a whiteboard diagram, I cannot set the font through the regular "A" icon in the toolbar, nor through Appearance -> Set font...
It always appear in a kind of script font.
9.2.921
-
Its most likely that Hand Drawn mode is set on for the diagram.
Double-click the diagram background to bring up the diagram properties dialog.
Open the Diagram tab
Click on the checkbox [highlight]Hand Drawn[/highlight]
Cheers
Phil
-
Yes, you are right.
It's really weird that a property on the diagram background simply changes functionality of items on the diagram, and you don't even see that. You can set the font just fine, and it simply isn't applied. It looks like a bug in that moment.
-
Yes, you are right.
It's really weird that a property on the diagram background simply changes functionality of items on the diagram, and you don't even see that. You can set the font just fine, and it simply isn't applied. It looks like a bug in that moment.
Get used to it...
We call it EAUI
Paolo
-
It's a common problem when the complexity of an UI grows beyond a certain level, and was not initially designed to handle that complexity level. What do you do now? Completely redesign the UI and piss off old-school users? Or just add that extra option, and piss off newcomers? It's something I try to avoid in my UI projects, but I know it's sometimes not easy.
It would, however, be helpful if the font selection were disabled, or otherwise marked so the user sees "there's something not right here, and the program knows about it" (i.e. it's intentional)
-
It also depends in which class you were in. The basics in windoze are so much worse than for macs. Its much harder to design a bad GUI in a Mac than for a Wintel. Java GUI is the same as Wintel. Guys like you are rare and they have a tough job in the Wintel world.
q.
-
I couldn't say it's harder on Windows, it all depends on the framework you are using, and your software architecture.
I develop cross-platform currently, with a single framework. It makes life so much easier. :)