Sparx Systems Forum
Enterprise Architect => Bugs and Issues => Topic started by: Ister on June 10, 2014, 04:50:20 pm
-
Depending on an action it should sometimes accept control or object flow pointing directly from/to that action (if there's no output/input pin respectively) and sometimes object flow goes from/to action pin (if the corresponding pin exists - I'm not sure if even in such case it isn't possible to have both object flows to pins and control flows directly to action). However in EA action which is an activity invoke (also some other actions but I didn't get it precisely when it works and when it doesn't work) all flows must start/end on that pin, not on action itself.
As a result one can't model a situation, when action receives control through control flow, morover it's impossible to model an action invoking an activity, that has no parameters (resulting in no action pins)
I found a workaround but it's PITA (create action that is atomic or other, without name, create all control flows, change action type to callBehaviour - you've got to leave preferences here, and then connect action to the activity it invokes).
The problem didn't exist in versions 9 and earlier. I guess that someone made to strict validation (when I try to create control flow directly to/from action it says it isn't UML compliant).
-
There was a bug in early versions of 10. It was fixed in build 1006.
From the release notes Call Behavior Actions can now be connected using Control Flow connectors.