Sparx Systems Forum

Enterprise Architect => General Board => Topic started by: Ian Turner on May 29, 2003, 04:37:37 am

Title: Import Project Root
Post by: Ian Turner on May 29, 2003, 04:37:37 am
Hi,

Is there anyway to import into a Project Root?

What I'm trying to do is this: We have an EA Model with multiple project roots for the various phases of a project we are working on. Each Project Root should contain a standard set of packages that we use (a sort of template).

It seems possible to export a complete EA model, and import into a new EA model. It also seems possible to export packages below a project root (using Package Control) and import those into other packages.

However, I can see no way of Export a project root and importing it into another project root.

Is this possible and, if so, how is it done?

Cheers
Ian
Title: Re: Import Project Root
Post by: potterm on May 29, 2003, 05:18:49 am
Ian,

I believe the Export/Import Model options actually just export/import the project root that you've highlighted in the tree view, not the entire model.

At least it seems to work this way in the latest build (612).  Also, the "Strip GUUID" setting on import has to be checked to ensure that you don't just replace the original data.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Martin.
Title: Re: Import Project Root
Post by: potterm on May 29, 2003, 05:25:12 am
...one side effect I've noticed is that the imported project root becomes a view under the project root that you selected to overwrite.  Not sure how to overcome this....presumably that was what you meant in your original post...

Cheers,
Martin.
Title: Re: Import Project Root
Post by: Ian Turner on May 29, 2003, 05:33:03 am
Thanks. I've just downloaded 612 so I'll give it a try. I previously was using 610 and this wasn't exhibiting the behaviour you mentioned. However, I notice in the release notes for 611 that there was a bug with creating project roots so maybe that has something to do with it.

Cheers
Ian