Sparx Systems Forum

Enterprise Architect => General Board => Topic started by: thomaskilian on January 21, 2004, 04:22:07 am

Title: Configure semantics for swimlane
Post by: thomaskilian on January 21, 2004, 04:22:07 am
Hi there,
I wonder if anyone else requires activities in activity diagrams to be related to swimlanes. Currently the swimlanes are just lines on the diagramm. But I would expect to have a semantic connection between lane (object) and activity. Anyone else to support this request ???

Thomas
Title: Re: Configure semantics for swimlane
Post by: Bruno.Cossi on January 21, 2004, 04:39:36 am
YES!
I think we have discussed this here earlier and yes, it would definitely help!

Bruno
Title: Re: Configure semantics for swimlane
Post by: CJ on January 21, 2004, 07:28:11 am
G'day,

This may be overkill or un-workable as an alternative solution.  Haven't tried this, but I'll throw it out there anyway.

Instead of linking an activity to a swimlane (which is really just a classified/unclassified object), why not link activities to classes using an association?  Make your semantic connections between activities and classes (the classifiers for your swimlanes aka objects).

That way, you can document via relationship matrix or diagrams the reponsibilities/tasks or each class of business role (in addition to your activity diagram with swimlane).
Title: Re: Configure semantics for swimlane
Post by: thomaskilian on January 22, 2004, 12:14:45 am
Sounds like a pragmatic solution. However, it would be nice then if activities snap into swimlanes with associated classes. Probably an enhancement for later  :D

Thanks for the hint.

Thomas