Sparx Systems Forum

Enterprise Architect => General Board => Topic started by: KirilD on March 08, 2004, 10:06:36 pm

Title: Association documentation
Post by: KirilD on March 08, 2004, 10:06:36 pm
I've been using Rational Rose for a while, have just switched to EA, and am still coming to grips with some of the differences between the two.

In Rose, when I create an association between an Actor and a Use Case, or two Use Cases, I can click on the association and add some notes in the standard on-screen Notes box.

In EA, I cannot do this. I have to double-click to bring up the properties window, where I can enter some notes, but these then don't then display in the notes area of the screen when this properties window is closed.

Is there some option I need to check to enable this?

Thanks for any help,

Kiril
Title: Re: Association documentation
Post by: thomaskilian on March 09, 2004, 06:08:53 am
Try right-clicking and "Add note"

Thomas
Title: Re: Association documentation
Post by: CJ on March 09, 2004, 06:19:51 am
G'day,

Also take a look at "Link a Note to an Element" in the index of EA's help file.
Title: Re: Association documentation
Post by: KirilD on March 09, 2004, 02:14:08 pm
Yep, add note works, but that wasn't what I was after.

In the bottom right-hand corner of the screen (by default anyway), there is a little "Notes" window. When I select an association in the diagram, this is always blank and read-only.

If I double-click the association to bring up the properties window, there's a notes area there, which I can type into, but whatever I type there doesn't appear in the bottom right Notes window.
Title: Re: Association documentation
Post by: jvogt on March 10, 2004, 07:52:09 am
I am having the same behaivor. You may want to submit a bug since that note area seems to work for classes. I used the note area in Rose extensively since I could add documentation without having to open any other windows.

Regards,
Jesse
Title: Re: Association documentation
Post by: benc on March 11, 2004, 06:44:01 pm
Hi Kiril,

Editing notes and properties using the dockable windows is currently limited to elements (classes, actors, packages etc). We will extend this for use with connectors, attributes, operations etc. over time. These updates will not be available in the immediate term-possibly within the next few months.

Regards,
Ben