Sparx Systems Forum

Enterprise Architect => General Board => Topic started by: CookingFat on August 12, 2004, 11:59:51 am

Title: Modeling Database Constraints
Post by: CookingFat on August 12, 2004, 11:59:51 am
Hi,

I wonder if some kind soul would offer a word of advice to a newbie EA user.

I'm modeling a new database and one of the tables has several fields that I want to add a constraint to so it ensures that a group of fields is always unique.

Can I model this through EA or do I have to manually add the Unique Constraint?

Regards
Paul
Title: Re: Modeling Database Constraints
Post by: Bruno.Cossi on August 12, 2004, 01:45:58 pm
Hi Paul,

open the table's properties, go to the tab Table Detail and click on Operations. Add a new operation and choose for it the stereotype Unique. Save the operation and click on the tab Columns. Here you can select the columns that make up your unique constraint.

Hope this helps!

Bruno
Title: Re: Modeling Database Constraints
Post by: CookingFat on August 12, 2004, 02:03:07 pm
Works a treat.  Thank you.


Regards
Paul
Title: Re: Modeling Database Constraints
Post by: Bruno.Cossi on August 12, 2004, 02:47:17 pm
No problem!

Bruno