Sparx Systems Forum
Enterprise Architect => Automation Interface, Add-Ins and Tools => Topic started by: james.kinneavy on June 20, 2007, 06:23:12 am
-
I'm trying to show an expanded sub-process on a BPMN diagram. I can certainly drag activities into it and they move with the container process, but I can't see how to make the element change from collapsed (+) to expanded (-). Any help would be greatly appreciated.
-
See if the tagged values for the process change after you drop the contents in. If not, try changing them by hand afterwards to see if the glyph changes.
If you can, try this with the 'preview' of BPMN 1.4 that is in the EA 7.0 beta.
David
-
I think my problem here is which tagged value controls it. I've already set ActivityType to SubProcess and the SubProcessType to Embedded. Any suggestions? None of the other tagged values seem to apply as far as I can tell.
-
I'm trying to show an expanded sub-process on a BPMN diagram. I can certainly drag activities into it and they move with the container process, but I can't see how to make the element change from collapsed (+) to expanded (-). Any help would be greatly appreciated.
There is a command which you can use on UML diagrams: right-click > Advanced > Show Composite Diagram Contents. Unfortunately, this command can't currently work with shape scripts, and all BPMN elements are drawn using shape scripts.
-
That I can do.
The conclusion I've come to is show a sub-process "in-line" that EA only shows the + expansion indicator regardless of whether it is technically expanded or collapsed and there is not "-" expanded indicator. Nothing wrong with that, but just a little non-intuitive.
If anyone on the development team can confirm that, I would appreciate it.
-
My only experience with this particular issue dates back to an earlier version of the BPMN add-in. However, at that time it acted as you indicate.
David