Sparx Systems Forum

Enterprise Architect => General Board => Topic started by: flego on May 14, 2005, 08:26:27 am

Title: Long time to synchronise diagram with 100 tables
Post by: flego on May 14, 2005, 08:26:27 am
Hi,


if i synchronise diagram containing  50 and more database tables it tooks very long time ( app. 2 minutes per one table ).

I have split tables into more diagrams, but anyway is some way to solve that "feature" ?

Thank you.
Title: Re: Long time to synchronise diagram with 100 tabl
Post by: Bruno.Cossi on May 14, 2005, 08:45:01 am
Hi,

so 100 tables would take 3.5 hours to synchronize? That is way worse than what I come across. Sounds to me like this is related to the database performance rahter than EA itself. What database are you reverse engineering? And where is your EA model stored, an EAP file?

Thank you,
Bruno

Quote
Hi,


if i synchronise diagram containing  50 and more database tables it tooks very long time ( app. 2 minutes per one table ).

I have split tables into more diagrams, but anyway is some way to solve that "feature" ?

Thank you.

Title: Re: Long time to synchronise diagram with 100 tabl
Post by: alexander on May 16, 2005, 02:49:46 pm
I recently reversed a database model with more than 70 tables and it took about 5', i suggest you check your database connection and the network...