Sparx Systems Forum

Enterprise Architect => General Board => Topic started by: Paolo F Cantoni on June 28, 2005, 05:10:10 am

Title: How many kinds of Diagram Note?
Post by: Paolo F Cantoni on June 28, 2005, 05:10:10 am
There's the Diagram Note that you get when you enter text into the Notes attribute of the Diagram.  You can link to this text using the Link to Diagram Note context menu item for an existing Note.

There's the Diagram Note that you get when press the Diagram Note button (two to the right of the ordinary Note button)

And there's the one you get when you check the Diagram|Show Diagram Notes checkbox in the Tools|Options  NOTE: this only applies to NEW diagrams (as far as I can tell).

They're all different! ???  Some are selectable, some aren't! ::)

Are there any more lurking within EA?

Does anybody know how I can get rid of the 2nd one (selectable) and replace it with the 3rd one (not selectable) for an existing diagram?

Also, I think I recall reading that one can change what's visible on the third type of Diagram Note.  Does anyone know how to do that?

Cheerz,
Paolo

Title: Re: How many kinds of Diagram Note?
Post by: mbc on June 28, 2005, 06:31:52 am
You can get rid of the selectable one by selecting it and pressing Delete.
You can add an unselectable note by opening the Diagram Properties dialog (double-click on the diagram) and check Show Details on Diagram.

Mikkel
Title: Re: How many kinds of Diagram Note?
Post by: Paolo F Cantoni on June 28, 2005, 07:28:05 am
Quote
You can get rid of the selectable one by selecting it and pressing Delete.
You can add an unselectable note by opening the Diagram Properties dialog (double-click on the diagram) and check Show Details on Diagram.

Mikkel
Thanks, Mikkel.  That's one problem solved!

Now, is there any solution to the details displayed list?
Paolo
Title: Re: How many kinds of Diagram Note?
Post by: thomaskilian on June 28, 2005, 07:31:50 am
Quote
Also, I think I recall reading that one can change what's visible on the third type of Diagram Note.  Does anyone know how to do that?

No way :( It's not configurable