Sparx Systems Forum

Enterprise Architect => General Board => Topic started by: MichaelHanson on June 17, 2005, 05:46:47 am

Title: Label Visibility
Post by: MichaelHanson on June 17, 2005, 05:46:47 am
Anyone know of a way to set the default visibility of labels on Associations.

As an example, I am using EA for data modelling, and everytime I configure a FK between two tables I get the full set of labels displayed.  I always hide the Top and Bottom labels as I am not interested in seeing which operations implement the ends of the Association.

I have tried creating an Element Template Package with the relevent labels hidden on an Assocation but that isn't working.

Mike Hanson
Title: Re: Label Visibility
Post by: Paolo F Cantoni on June 17, 2005, 06:07:09 am
Quote
Anyone know of a way to set the default visibility of labels on Associations.

As an example, I am using EA for data modelling, and everytime I configure a FK between two tables I get the full set of labels displayed.  I always hide the Top and Bottom labels as I am not interested in seeing which operations implement the ends of the Association.

I have tried creating an Element Template Package with the relevent labels hidden on an Assocation but that isn't working.

Mike Hanson
Mike,

An Element Template won't do the job because an Association is NOT an EA element  :'(  EA's defintion of an Element is NOT that of a UML Element. ???  This
chagne of paradigm is the hardest thing I've had to come to grips with.

EA elements are shapes ONLY!

HTH,

Paolo
Title: Re: Label Visibility
Post by: mfritz on June 29, 2005, 05:26:16 am
I have the same problem. I did not find a way to set the default label visibility.  ???

Maybe it's a worth for a feature request.

if there is a solution, please let me know.