Sparx Systems Forum

Enterprise Architect => General Board => Topic started by: soril on July 24, 2005, 07:32:53 am

Title: collaboration diagrams and message objects
Post by: soril on July 24, 2005, 07:32:53 am
Hello !

There is something weird in EA dealing with collaboration or more correctly communication diagrams.

The "good" way to add a message between 2 objects is to right click and select "Add a message from A to B" , then the correct "collaboration" message link is created. But If I select a message tool from the UML Toolbox and drag it from A to B, I will get an incorrect object (a message object) instead of a collaboration message object, and the display will be really awful and brainless.

I wonder why it is this way, because it's really confusing, especially for newbies : using a message tool in a communication diagram should lead to a collaboration message object with proper numbering the same way as if you right click on an association link and click on "Add a message from A to B".

Anything I'm doing wrong ?

Thank you !

Sébastien