Sparx Systems Forum

Enterprise Architect => General Board => Topic started by: mmkja on July 24, 2006, 01:57:05 pm

Title: Trouble importing xml files with devices
Post by: mmkja on July 24, 2006, 01:57:05 pm
Hello,
     I'm using EA 6.1 build 688 and I'm having problems importing files that came from packages containing "devices' from the deployment tool box.  At first I had a rather large large package but narrowed it down to one node and one device with one association.  Exports ok, but upon importing I get an error pop up with a decription=element content is invalid according tothe dtd/schema. Expecting {UML} modelelement, ....etc.

    I can replace the device with a node and it import ok.  Any ideas how to import a device?  (I don't really want to rework the original package)

Thanks in advance ???
Title: Re: Trouble importing xml files with devices
Post by: Eve on July 24, 2006, 03:26:57 pm
Hi,

You won't get any problems importing (into EA) if you turn off the 'Use DTD' option when exporting.  EA 6.5 should also generate valid elements.
Title: Re: Trouble importing xml files with devices
Post by: mmkja on July 24, 2006, 03:58:40 pm
Ah yes, that does work.  thanks much.   when you write "EA 6.5 should also generate valid elements" are  you able to say when 6.5 will be released?

:)
Title: Re: Trouble importing xml files with devices
Post by: Eve on July 24, 2006, 06:26:48 pm
No. I can't say when it will be released.