Sparx Systems Forum
Enterprise Architect => General Board => Topic started by: Zidane on September 27, 2006, 03:28:38 am
-
Hi All!
When a package (Ap) contains a class diagram (Acd) and I move the package (Ap) to another class diagram (Bcd) the package shows the contents of the diagram
(X,Y,Z).
If I move the Class diagram (Acd) out of the package (Ap), the package on the diagram (Bcd) shows the content of the package (X,Y).
Package Ap
Class Diagram Acd (X, Y --> Z)
Class X
Class Y
Package Bp
Class Diagram Bcd
Class Z
I don't understand that logic. If anyone does(and hopefully understands my explaination too ;D ) maybe you could explain it to me.
Thanks in advance.
Best regards,
DD
-
Using a diagram with a foreign element in a package says that the element is used there, so it is interpreted as a (foreign) member - not specifying if imported or so.
(http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/3190/imgia1.jpg)
-
Hi Jan!
Hope you get rewarded by Sparx for all your work you do in that forum :D
Nevertheless, I don't think that this behavour is correct...
For example: If you move Z into Bcd, you will see Z inside and outside the package Ap.
For me the package Ap contains the elements X, Y and that is what should be displayed.
DD
-
My feelings are just different. What the others?
-
Using a diagram with a foreign element in a package says that the element is used there, so it is interpreted as a (foreign) member - not specifying if imported or so.
(http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/3190/imgia1.jpg)
Jan,
The browser picture doesn't seem to agree with the diagrams.
When I tried to set up Zidane's example, I didn't get Z in package Ap, only X&Y which seems correct to me.
So, I don't get Zidane's behaviour and I don't get your picture. But for me "it's all good".
HTH,
Paolo
Paolo
-
Hi Paolo!
You get that behaviour only if the diagram (Acd) is IN the package (Ap). Maybe that is why you can't reproduce it on your side.
Best regards,
DD
-
Hi Paolo!
You get that behaviour only if the diagram (Acd) is IN the package (Ap). Maybe that is why you can't reproduce it on your side.
Best regards,
DD
I had Acd IN (nested under) Ap and I had Bcd IN (nested under) Bp.
Still works fne for me. Could any settings affect this?
Paolo
-
Have a look at the Diagram Behavior options page. (Tools | Options | Diagram | Behavior)
There is an option there called 'Show Linked Items in Package'. Checking this has the effect that any element shown in a diagram contained by that package is included in the package contents for that package.
-
Have a look at the Diagram Behavior options page. (Tools | Options | Diagram | Behavior)
There is an option there called 'Show Linked Items in Package'. Checking this has the effect that any element shown in a diagram contained by that package is included in the package contents for that package.
Confirmed...
But shouldn't this be available on a per diagram basis?
Paolo
-
Have a look at the Diagram Behavior options page. (Tools | Options | Diagram | Behavior)
There is an option there called 'Show Linked Items in Package'. Checking this has the effect that any element shown in a diagram contained by that package is included in the package contents for that package.
Great help!
Thank you ;D