Sparx Systems Forum

Enterprise Architect => General Board => Topic started by: oenningj on November 20, 2006, 03:49:57 pm

Title: Diagram Templates
Post by: oenningj on November 20, 2006, 03:49:57 pm
Hi All,

I would like to have a few elements inserted automatically (by default) into each new diagram I create. I would like to use this to start enforcing some standards.

For example, when creating an activity diagram, I would like to place by default, an ActivityInitial, ActivityFinal and  Diagram Notes.

Is this possible?
I found that Templates Package only sets the properties defaults.

Thanks
Jonny
Title: Re: Diagram Templates
Post by: StefanPears on November 21, 2006, 11:11:21 pm
hi jonny,

have a look at "Create a Pattern" in the help contents. I tried it for class diagrams, but it should work as well for an other diagram type.

Stefan
Title: Re: Diagram Templates
Post by: oenningj on November 22, 2006, 02:31:08 pm
That's pretty close to what I need. Thanks.

Is there any way to set "Default Patterns", so that when I create an activity diagram, it would automatically apply "Pattern ABC"?

Thanks
Jonny
Title: Re: Diagram Templates
Post by: «Midnight» on November 23, 2006, 04:15:23 am
Look up Template Package in the help docs.

From what I remember - I have not yet had my morning 'cuppa' yet so please verify this - that templates can apply to diagrams too. My guess is that you could create a diagram with your stuff already on board.

It's worth a try.