Sparx Systems Forum

Enterprise Architect => General Board => Topic started by: lefix on August 16, 2007, 01:39:39 am

Title: Roundtrip enginering
Post by: lefix on August 16, 2007, 01:39:39 am
Hi all,

I'm looking for a tool that will help our software development team. One of the features we want is full roundtrip enginering (where the model and/or code can be altered by the developer, and the tool will synchronize the changes them without losing any code/model). I don't mean just code generation or import functionality, but the whole package of roundtrip enginering.

Is Enterprise Architect capable of doing so?

Thanks
Title: Re: Roundtrip enginering
Post by: Martin Terreni on August 16, 2007, 03:25:49 am
I work with EA for a long time now. EA is a greate tool for modeling, very versatile and the quality/price is probably the best in market.
I worked with full round trip for C++ and it worked fine.
Now we just started working with EA and MDG inegreation for TFS on .NET.
Though some people probably have mauch more expirience then me wit it here, I'm very please of what I've seen. If you work in an orgnized way it works fine and you can see all the model and the code within VS2005 (no need to actualy openning EA). It is very nice and confortable.
Can't tell much more then this right now.
hope it helped.