Sparx Systems Forum

Enterprise Architect => Automation Interface, Add-Ins and Tools => Topic started by: Salvador Rivera on April 23, 2008, 12:15:44 pm

Title: MDG Link for Eclipse under Ubuntu?
Post by: Salvador Rivera on April 23, 2008, 12:15:44 pm
Earlier this year I switched from Windows XP to Ubuntu in my laptop, but I really needed to continue using Enterprise Architect for my modeling needs so I installed the 'crossover office' version of EA and  I very happy using EA under Linux(so far I have been able to open and use all of my previous models), but I was wondering if it is possible to use the MDG Link for Eclipse also under Linux? or if is even possible to use EA under crossover office and Eclipse under Ubuntu and somehow the MDG Link plugin (that I installed in the EA crossover office bottle) can coordinate both EA(in crossover office) and Eclipse(in Ubuntu) and keep them synchronized?

I've already installed EA 7.1.829(Wined version) and it works, I installed the MDG Link plugin 3 beta 1 for Eclipse and at least it shows up in the crossover office menu but when I try to run Eclipse while fiddling with the MDG Link for Eclipse plugin options I have not been able to make it work (it complains that it can not run eclipse), I installed eclipse Europa in the crossover office bottle(while running eclipse the splash windows shows up, asks for a workspace, then dies), I installed the Java SE 6 update 6 in the crossover office bottle where EA is installed(it complained about better running in windows 2000 or XP, but nevertheless, the installation finished) and I'm stucked trying the run EA and MDG Integration for eclipse under Ubuntu.

Thanks.
Title: Re: MDG Link for Eclipse under Ubuntu?
Post by: Eve on April 23, 2008, 02:23:38 pm
Yes, you can run MDG Link for Eclipse connecting to Eclipse running under Ubuntu.  You should not have eclipse installed in your crossover bottle.

Here are the steps that I was told.  I've been assured that this will be clarified.

It's that last step that I think you missed.
Title: Re: MDG Link for Eclipse under Ubuntu?
Post by: Aaron B on April 23, 2008, 02:42:45 pm
Just in addition to Simon's comments - MDG Link for Eclipse should work under Linux.  MDG Integration for Eclipse does not.  Please make sure that you are installing the correct Add-In.
http://www.sparxsystems.com/products/mdg_eclipse.html