Sparx Systems Forum
Enterprise Architect => General Board => Topic started by: danm on December 05, 2007, 09:25:25 pm
-
Here's my original post - I figured out how to do it (read below)
*************************************************************************
Hi,
I'm several revs down the road on a new language support, but now I realized that what I had defined as Class stereotype overrides in my Code templates are really Feature overrides. But, I can't change them because they are defined in a MDG file (which I had created earlier and am using). You can only delete (and redefine) templates or stereotype overrides if they are current in your session.
Is there a quick way I can just edit the MDG file and change them myself, from Class to Feature? Also, what if anything does EA do differently between the Class and Feature stereotype overrides?
*************************************************************************
So if you have a mixture of MDG elements you want to change, and new changes to that you want to keep - it's quite easy. For the elements you want to delete from a newly generated MDG file, simply leave them as 'unaltered' when running off the old MDG file. Then when you generate a new MDG file - since only the deltas get saved, you lose the one that's unaltered, as it's left in the OLD MDG file.
If that makes sense ... ::)