Sparx Systems Forum

Enterprise Architect => General Board => Topic started by: Mitch on March 18, 2008, 08:44:55 am

Title: How to copy a part of a seq diagram to another?
Post by: Mitch on March 18, 2008, 08:44:55 am
A seq diagram I am working on started to get a bit large for one diagram, so I would like to copy some of the classes to a new seq diagram. I tried the 'ol cut and paste using this procedure:

1) selected the classes I wanted to copy.
2) Select "Add to project clipboard" - or ctrl-c seem to give the same results
3) Created a new seq diagram
4) Select Paste as link ( i tried the other past options as well)

The classes are pasted to the new diagram. However all of the messages are gone, as is the original layout of the classes. So now I have to re-layout and re-add the messages.

Am I missing something? I looked in the help and searched this board but found nothing that worked.

Thanks

Mitch
Title: Re: How to copy a part of a seq diagram to another
Post by: Matt on March 20, 2008, 11:13:26 am
Mitch,

can I refer you to my answer to this post:
http://www.sparxsystems.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1205335643
Although this was moving elements to a top-level class diagram, the same principle applies...

TA makes it really easy to copy elements to a different diagram - or move them around the model wholesale...

(You can also select the elements that you want in the diagram and use the copy function from the diagram
Hope that helps...

Best regards,

Matt
Title: Re: How to copy a part of a seq diagram to another
Post by: «Midnight» on March 20, 2008, 12:24:46 pm
Mitch,

Matt makes a good point. Please see http://www.sparxsystems.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1205424088/7#7 . [So I don't have to type too much.]

David