Sparx Systems Forum

Enterprise Architect => Automation Interface, Add-Ins and Tools => Topic started by: damien on May 29, 2008, 05:18:42 pm

Title: Question about Repository.refreshModelView
Post by: damien on May 29, 2008, 05:18:42 pm
Hello,

I have a question about the method refreshModelView in the repository object. I use this method after i have deleted a package in an another package to refresh the Project Browser. This method take as parameter the id of the package to reload only this package. But the entire model is reloaded.

 
The help say :

Reloads a package or the entire model, updating the user interface.

Parameters:

ยท PackageID: Long - the ID of the package to reload: if 0, the entire model is reloaded; if a valid package ID, only that package is reloaded


I suppose my id isn't valid but i check it and i think, it is the good id.
Perhaps the id isn't the package.packageID because the packageID is an integer and the parameter is a long

Someone can explain me, what is the parameter to give to this method ?

Thanks you
Bye
Title: Re: Question about Repository.refreshModelView
Post by: thomas.kilian on May 29, 2008, 06:26:25 pm
How do you know that the whole model is reloaded? I use this method also in rare circumstances but I would not care if the whole model is reloaded, though. However, if you can prove this you should report a bug.
Title: Re: Question about Repository.refreshModelView
Post by: damien on May 29, 2008, 06:47:47 pm
When i use it the project closes, i return on the home page of EA and the project reopens. When the project closes, all diagrams ask to be saved.
Title: Re: Question about Repository.refreshModelView
Post by: thomas.kilian on May 29, 2008, 07:54:06 pm
You're probably right. I never was concerned about that so much (due to rare use) but definitely this looks like a bug. Please report it via the Register Users Bug Report form.
Title: Re: Question about Repository.refreshModelView
Post by: damien on May 30, 2008, 08:21:32 pm
I don't think it is a bug, i think the parameter isn't the PackageID maybe PackageGUID or something else...