Sparx Systems Forum
Enterprise Architect => General Board => Topic started by: leslierunnels on February 04, 2009, 05:51:39 am
-
I have BPMN diagrams and I want to export a list of the activities to excel - has anyone done that? I tried to export or copy the element list view, but no such luck.
thanks in advance,
leslie
-
Have you tried doing a CSV export of the package where the elements are, then define your CSV export to ONLY export those types...
Remember CSV exports will not export anything but the primary properties of the elements (no tagged values, etc.)
David
-
bioform - I haven't tried the csv at all - how do you start that - I don't see it as an option in the project browser
-
To do a package export using CSV... (it is described in more detail in Help - Keyword: CSV pretty straight forward)
but basically:
- Right-Click package, select Import/Export... CSV Import/Export
- Popup dialog for CSV Import/Export... Edit/New
- Type Name in "Specification Name" - BPMN Element Export
- Type Default Filename (navigate to, and specify a file name) - My BPMN Element Export
- Select "Default Direction" of Export
- Default Types - "leave blank for now..."
- Available Element Field (select ALL) then click "Add Field", this moves all of the fields to the lower box (File Specification)
- Click Save (returns to previous dialog)
- Click Run, go look at your file. Decide what columns you want, go back edit your specification and select and move the fields from the lower box upward, Save, and Run again!
David
-
bioform - beautiful! thank you - that did just what I needed