Sparx Systems Forum

Enterprise Architect => General Board => Topic started by: mollman on January 08, 2008, 09:02:03 am

Title: Code Engineering support for .Net 3.x?
Post by: mollman on January 08, 2008, 09:02:03 am
Wondering when code engineering will support new constructs in .Net 3.x?

817 seems to handle most 3.5 code, but the parser doesn't know what to do with extension method syntax using namespace aliases in C# 3.0.

e.g.
public static SomeApi.Thing Convert(this OtherApi.Thing victim)
results in parse error (unexpected symbol:.)

Is there an ETA for supporting these constructs?

Thanks,
-jam

Title: Re: Code Engineering support for .Net 3.x?
Post by: «Midnight» on January 08, 2008, 11:01:03 am
Don't know...

But the EA 7.1 beta is coming soon. Watch for the announcement in the forum, and take a look at the release notes.
Title: Re: Code Engineering support for .Net 3.x?
Post by: Jeff Odell on April 16, 2008, 08:21:01 pm
I submitted a bug around reverse engineering C# 3.0 constructs.  I received the following:

We do not currently support the C# 3.0 language extensions including partial methods.

I have registered this as a feature request on your behalf.


I've replied asking this be prioritized as this makes class modeling and the VS Integration pretty useless on my next two projects.

If you need this feature please put in a prioity request to see if we can get it moving.
Title: Re: Code Engineering support for .Net 3.x?
Post by: NeilR on February 06, 2009, 03:57:58 am
I second this, having persuaded my employers to buy EA, not having support for C#3.0 features is a real problem.
Title: Re: Code Engineering support for .Net 3.x?
Post by: Eve on February 06, 2009, 08:30:15 am
It's in the beta of Enterprise Architect 7.5.

For Enterprise Architect 7.1, if you send an email to sparx support again I can give you an MDG technology that will add support.

Also, just so you realise, build 817 of Enterprise Architect, was released two months BEFORE Microsoft released C# 3.