Sparx Systems Forum
Enterprise Architect => General Board => Topic started by: dana n on December 12, 2009, 12:36:20 am
-
It seems you can associate tagged value types with a stereotype, without having to define a UML Profile. Is that the case?
When I assign tagged value types to a stereotype, I can then choose them from the drop-down that results from the New Tagged Value icon in tagged values tool-bar. But this seems not to be context sensitive.
I'd like to have a context-sensitive list of tagged values to pick from based on what I've defined for a stereotype. But I don't have time to create my own UML Profile at the moment. Do I have any other options?
What would be the point of associating tagged value types to a stereotype if they couldn't be used in a more helpful, focused way. Perhaps it's for model verification only? Or as raw material for future Profile development?
-
The bottom of this help page
http://www.sparxsystems.com/uml_tool_guide/sdk_for_enterprise_architect/predefinedtaggedvaluetypes.html
mentions two tag filters. AppliesTo restricts the element type the tagged value can be applied to and BaseStereotype restricts the stereotype the tagged value can be applied to.
Hope this is what you were wanting...