Sparx Systems Forum
Enterprise Architect => Automation Interface, Add-Ins and Tools => Topic started by: Brian McLean on October 23, 2008, 08:00:40 pm
-
Hi
What is the most successful method for distributing MDG files to users? We are currently loading it into the local path, but making updates to the file is a bit more manual than I'd like.
If we load it onto a network location, users must be online to use the MDG.
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Brian
-
Indeed these are the two methods provided by EA: Copy it manually into the local file system or deploy it on a web server/network share.
Another option could be to use a versioning system (CVS, SourceSafe, ClearCase, SVN, etc.) and put the technology under version control so people could check it out into a default location configured in the MDG settings dialog and then use it offline.
Then it would be a matter of updating it and benefit from the latest version.
Oliver
-
If I remember correctly, EA caches MDG technologies specified by URL and uses the cache if it can't access the URL.
If I'm correct, that would probably be your easiest option.