Sparx Systems Forum

Enterprise Architect => General Board => Topic started by: lampione on June 15, 2010, 06:37:31 pm

Title: copy a diagram
Post by: lampione on June 15, 2010, 06:37:31 pm
dear friends,
I'm not an expert in Enterprise Architect; I wish copy a diagram, but:
from a project to another, I am not able;
from a package  to another, yes, but the paste is only shallow;
inside the same package, I am not able;
tks for your help
leo
Title: Re: copy a diagram
Post by: Geert Bellekens on June 15, 2010, 09:24:45 pm
Look in the help file, for "copy diagram".
You can either create a shallow or deep copy.

If you want to copy between different models (repositories) you'll have to use xmi export/import.

Geert
Title: Re: copy a diagram
Post by: lampione on June 15, 2010, 10:40:21 pm
tks Geert,
but my problem is to copy a diagram from a project to an other project: is it possible?
Title: Re: copy a diagram
Post by: beginner on June 15, 2010, 11:27:29 pm
Please define "project". If necessary in your mother tongue.

b.
Title: Re: copy a diagram
Post by: Geert Bellekens on June 15, 2010, 11:43:08 pm
Try xmi export/import

Geert
Title: Re: copy a diagram
Post by: lampione on June 16, 2010, 12:31:08 am
I understood your previous post:
the copy/paste is the right way to duplicate a diagram between two different packages or in the same package, inside the same project file (file.eap);
between different project files, I have to export/import the whole package.
tks Geert and beginner
leo
Title: Re: copy a diagram
Post by: skiwi on June 16, 2010, 09:44:17 am
See
http://www.sparxsystems.com/support/faq/diagram.html#Copy_Elements
or specifically
http://www.sparxsystems.com/uml_tool_guide/modeling/duplicateadiagram.htm
Title: Re: copy a diagram
Post by: Thelonius on June 16, 2010, 05:05:53 pm
Hmm. I just tried that, and it worked. Quite well, actually.

The "Copy Diagram" function could be very useful in future!

Epiphanies. They don't happen often. But when they do happen, they're always welcome.

 :)
Title: Re: copy a diagram
Post by: lampione on June 16, 2010, 10:01:46 pm
tks skiwi, and good luck for your football team
leo (italy)