Sparx Systems Forum

Enterprise Architect => General Board => Topic started by: AndyJ on September 09, 2010, 03:24:57 pm

Title: Is default datatype==int configurable???
Post by: AndyJ on September 09, 2010, 03:24:57 pm
Hi People,

I notice when adding attributes to classes that the default datatype is int.

This is causing problems in two ways:

1. I'm replicating a large domain model and I'm having to reset the datatype to <none> for every attribute; and,

2. When I import models from elsewhere, all attributes are having the datatype "int" added if the datatype has not been set to something else.

Both of these circumstances are causing a lot of extra keystrokes on my part...

I've had a look in Settings | Code Datatypes | Java, and there is nothing in there to indicate why the default datatype is integer...

Is this configurable somewhere?
Title: Re: Is default datatype==int configurable???
Post by: Aaron B on September 09, 2010, 04:28:25 pm
See the "Default Attribute Type" option on the following page:
http://www.sparxsystems.com/enterprise_architect_user_guide/software_development/cgo_java.html

Are you adding your new attributes via the Attributes dialog?  Or by some other means?
Title: Re: Is default datatype==int configurable???
Post by: AndyJ on September 09, 2010, 04:29:47 pm
In the case of the ones I'm working on at the moment, via the Attributes dialog.