Sparx Systems Forum

Enterprise Architect => General Board => Topic started by: sitati on October 11, 2010, 09:41:35 pm

Title: Handling cover sheets in RTF editor
Post by: sitati on October 11, 2010, 09:41:35 pm
Hi all,

I'm dealing with a dead-simple RTF template that reports on every diagram in a package and its child packages.

My problem is that I want a cover sheet with the title set as one of two options - the top-level package that was selected, or the filename specified - and I can't get either to work.

1) top level package as report title: my approach to doing this is to put the cover page within the initial 'package>' section. However, this generates a cover page for every sub-package encountered when running the report, so I have multiple cover pages in the document. Can I suppress this behaviour so only the top package generates a cover page?

2) file name (or some other string) as report title: I can't figure out how to do this one. I have read about project constants, which would possibly work but doesn't seem suitable to the simple job of giving the report a title. Is it possible to print the target filename as part of a template's output?

Thanks for your help,

Sitati.
Title: Re: Handling cover sheets in RTF editor
Post by: pocketom on October 19, 2010, 08:13:47 am
I have a similiar, possibly related issue: http://www.sparxsystems.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1287436116/0#0