Sparx Systems Forum
Enterprise Architect => General Board => Topic started by: crd on August 14, 2010, 04:19:14 am
-
Anyone out there using the Business Rule Composer? If so, I would appreciate your thoughts and a description of how you are using it.
Thanks!
Carol
-
Hmmmm. Makes me wonder if anyone is using this.
-
I have been trying to use this and have been failing to get it to work. Has anyone ever done anything useful with it?
I looked at the example supplied and cannot see how to get any 'allowable values' into the cell in the decision table.
Help!!
-
Have you read this Help topic? Specifically the third table of steps in the procedure.
http://www.sparxsystems.com/enterprise_architect_user_guide/9.0/domain_based_models/compose_business_rules.html
If so, where did you start to have problems?
-
Yes I read the help, and tried to follow it word for word. The problem arises when using CTRL-spacebar to get a list of domain objects, selecting one and then selecting an attribute off the drop down list after typing '.'. The 'Rule Condition' cell fills in fine, but the 'Allowable Values' goes blue when selected but you can't type into it and there is no double click or right click available.
I have subsequently discovered that it works if you drag and drop the attribute from the Project Browser. And it also works if you define an empty AllowableValues{} constraint on the Attribute, then use the intellisense to populate the Rule Condition cell.
Try adding Car.Type on to the Eligibility Decision Table in the supplied example using just the keyboard to see what I mean.
Regards
Eric