Sparx Systems Forum
Enterprise Architect => Automation Interface, Add-Ins and Tools => Topic started by: OilyRag on February 09, 2009, 03:29:14 pm
-
Does anyone know if the Interop.EA.dll file changes when Sparx Systems add new methods to classes exposed in their automation interface?
-
I'm fairly certain it does. The last time I know this happened was when I upgraded from version 6.5 to 7.x because it impacted some scripts I was using.
Stan.
-
I sort of expected it to also.
I know the automation interface had some additions made in between v7.0 and v7.1 (correct me if I am wrong anyone).
However, on comparing the interop DLLs I find that they are identical in size (amazing coincidence or not as the case may be) and report the same version number (2.10.238.1) but they do not compare binary like for like.
I suspect the older of the two was built using a a version 6 toolset (visual studio 6) and the newer by a version 8 toolset (eg. visual studio 2005). But why are the version numbers and size the same? (well, I'm more interested in why the version number is the same).
:-?