Sparx Systems Forum
Enterprise Architect => General Board => Topic started by: zhikzhik on February 09, 2013, 01:19:29 am
-
I have added table elements into data modelling diagram ...... but table elements are stacked each other.
Is it possible to organize layout so that table elements are get unstacked and sits next to each other ?
How it is done ?
-
I guess you need to do that manually. The auto-layout gives a reasonable start in many, but not all cases.
q.
-
I guess you need to do that manually. The auto-layout gives a reasonable start in many, but not all cases.
q.
I have more than 50+ tables....its really inconvenient to do that manually.
see this screenshot attached ....This looks ugly
(http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc298/curseofgoldendragon/autolayout_zps459216c5.png)
Can you suggest how do I organize it automatically so that it becomes readable.
-
Use the auto-layout first (depending on your version and settings you find a tree-like icon on top of the diagram). Else check the help on how to use auto-layout. That will give you a reasonable start. The rest is human intelligence and sweat....
You can also select a number of single elements and use Layout Selected from the context menu.
q.
-
depending on your version and settings you find a tree-like icon on top of the diagram).
q.
did you mean this tree-like icon (red marked) ?
(http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc298/curseofgoldendragon/auto-feature_zpsf08bfd3e.png)
-
Yep. Did you click on it? No risk for a diagram. You can alway close without saving changes. Those are stored in memory until you explicitly save them.
You will notice several options if you click the triangle right of the icon. Just try them out.
q.