Sparx Systems Forum

Enterprise Architect => General Board => Topic started by: foldedwave on April 24, 2013, 12:49:54 am

Title: Document generator - Relationship Matrix Profile
Post by: foldedwave on April 24, 2013, 12:49:54 am
Is it possible to include a profile from the traceability matrix in a generated document? If so, could someone please provide instructions or a link to some instructions.

Thanks
Title: Re: Document generator - Relationship Matrix Profi
Post by: Ian Mitchell on April 25, 2013, 02:39:12 am
Do you mean the Relationship Matrix ?
Title: Re: Document generator - Relationship Matrix Profi
Post by: foldedwave on April 26, 2013, 10:48:40 pm
Yes, I would like to include a particular profile the I have created in the relationship matrix in a generated document.
Title: Re: Document generator - Relationship Matrix Profi
Post by: Ian Mitchell on April 26, 2013, 11:12:43 pm
Not sure how to do this in RTF, but eaDocX can do it, with knobs on.
Title: Re: Document generator - Relationship Matrix Profi
Post by: RoyC on April 29, 2013, 09:34:12 am
See this topic:

http://www.sparxsystems.com/enterprise_architect_user_guide/9.3/reporting/reporting_profiled_relationshi.html

You can also find this topic in the EA Product Help (click on one of the many Help icons around EA, or press F1) at:

Reporting > RTF Documents > RTF Templates > Setting Sections for Reporting > Reporting Profiled Relationship Matrices.
Title: Re: Document generator - Relationship Matrix Profi
Post by: philchudley on April 29, 2013, 05:55:12 pm
True

The help includes this text

You do not directly specify a matrix profile; by default the report executes and captures the Relationship Matrix contents for [highlight]any [/highlight]profile that includes the subject package as the source or target package

So I would expect, that if I have used package as the source in more than one profiles, then I should be able to output the Image of [highlight]ALL[/highlight] these profiles.

However I always just get [highlight]ONE [/highlight]profile output, how EA chooses which one form the set of profiles where the package is a source or target is anyone's guess.

Please clarify if my assertion is true, that is, if a package appears as a source OR a target in multiple profiles, then ALL profiles are output in the RTF.

If my assertion is true, then it does seem to work as stated.
Title: Re: Document generator - Relationship Matrix Profi
Post by: RoyC on April 30, 2013, 09:17:47 am
The Help has been updated very recently to clarify that point. I don't think the changes made it into the latest release though.

The text now reads:

'You do not directly specify a matrix profile; by default the report executes and captures the Relationship Matrix contents for the first profile that includes the subject package as the source or target package. If your report covers a tree of packages, the first profile that includes a source or target package in that tree is captured in the report.'

In a future release there will be a facility to select and report on more than one Profile in a report.
Title: Re: Document generator - Relationship Matrix Profi
Post by: philchudley on April 30, 2013, 06:42:04 pm
Thanks for the clarification
Title: Re: Document generator - Relationship Matrix Profi
Post by: Graham_Moir on April 30, 2013, 08:13:26 pm
Quote
In a future release there will be a facility to select and report on more than one Profile in a report.

I hope so, and soon.  The way it works now is not really that useful.
Title: Re: Document generator - Relationship Matrix Profi
Post by: RoyC on May 01, 2013, 10:10:24 am
Actually, I'm incorrect. In the current release you get the first profile; in the future release you'll get all the Profiles that reference a reported package - no selection process required. I'll just go and stand in the naughty corner for an hour.