Sparx Systems Forum

Enterprise Architect => General Board => Topic started by: JVerweij on October 01, 2013, 08:05:44 pm

Title: About EA... screen: database version 7.0 ???
Post by: JVerweij on October 01, 2013, 08:05:44 pm
I update to version 10.0.1009, Corporate Edition)

We have an sql database

Database details:
Database version: 7.0
version date: Jan-31-2004

Is this correct, OK?
2004, no new version in last 9 years?

Is no database update or conversion necessary?


Title: Re: About EA... screen: database version 7.0 ???
Post by: Geert Bellekens on October 01, 2013, 08:38:15 pm
I think EA is backwards compatible with even older versions of SQL server.
But it also works with SQL Server 2012

Gert
Title: Re: About EA... screen: database version 7.0 ???
Post by: qwerty on October 01, 2013, 10:02:27 pm
Indeed the tables have not changed since 2004. You can see that by the time stamps in usestables.

q.
Title: Re: About EA... screen: database version 7.0 ???
Post by: JVerweij on October 02, 2013, 05:13:40 pm
Quote
Indeed the tables have not changed since 2004. You can see that by the time stamps in usestables.

q.

Thanks!
Remarkable, no table changes since 2004!
But another question:
Where can I find the time stamps in 'usestables' in Sql server?
How can I query the last change in table structure?

Jan.

Title: Re: About EA... screen: database version 7.0 ???
Post by: qwerty on October 02, 2013, 11:15:50 pm
Only indirectly. Verison 3.5 (the most recent indicated) dates back to 2004.

q.