Sparx Systems Forum

Enterprise Architect => General Board => Topic started by: umllearner on March 04, 2014, 11:02:51 pm

Title: Pre and postcondition for Activity Element
Post by: umllearner on March 04, 2014, 11:02:51 pm
Hello,
I want that pre and post condition for an Activity to be displayed in the activity diagram, therefore I have defined Precondition and Postcondition for Activity Element through Activity Element->Properties->Advanced->Properties->precondition and postcondition.

now the pre and post conditions are shown as I wanted in the Acitivity diagram, but when I drag the activity element into another Diagram as Link, not only the Acitivity element's name, but also the precondition and postcondition are shown in the Link symbol. Do you know if there is anyway to disable it?
Thanks
Lai
Title: Re: Pre and postcondition for Activity Element
Post by: Helmut Ortmann on March 05, 2014, 01:11:30 am
Hi Lai,

as far as I know there is no possibility to control the visibility for Post/Preconditions.

You may use Tagged Values instead. Then you can control the visibility of tagged values.

Helmut
Title: Re: Pre and postcondition for Activity Element
Post by: qwerty on March 05, 2014, 01:57:19 am
You can place notes on the diagram, link them to an element and then from the context menu of the note link choose Link to Element Feature and there Constraints

q.
Title: Re: Pre and postcondition for Activity Element
Post by: umllearner on March 05, 2014, 02:00:46 am
you mean that inside of Activity diagram, i should not set precondition and postconditon for activity element, but use Note for constraint for it?
Title: Re: Pre and postcondition for Activity Element
Post by: qwerty on March 05, 2014, 06:11:44 am
Yes. That would work.

q.