Sparx Systems Forum

Enterprise Architect => General Board => Topic started by: PYV on November 25, 2014, 04:38:15 am

Title: EA 11 (wine) : Failed to initialize JScript engine
Post by: PYV on November 25, 2014, 04:38:15 am
Hello,

I'm using EA 11 under wine 1.6 on ubuntu 12.04.

When i try to run a script in debug mode, I have the following message:
"Failed to initialize JScript engine" or "Failed to initialize VBScript engine" depending the technology.

Could you help me please?

Thank You
Title: Re: EA 11 (wine) : Failed to initialize JScript en
Post by: qwerty on November 25, 2014, 08:51:21 pm
I guess you need some "standard" libraries additionally to run those interpreters. unfortunately I have no idea which ones. I seem to remember that something like that has been asked on the forum but a search here usually does not bring much light (except you're lucky). So I guess that Google is your friend.

q.
Title: Re: EA 11 (wine) : Failed to initialize JScript en
Post by: PYV on November 26, 2014, 01:54:23 am
I found the solution  :):
  - install msscript via the command line :
Code: [Select]
winetricks msscript  - install MS Windows Scripting HOST 5.7 via the command line :
Code: [Select]
winetricks wsh57
Title: Re: EA 11 (wine) : Failed to initialize JScript en
Post by: Sunshine on November 27, 2014, 06:55:10 am
Thanks for sharing the solution. Thinking about getting a Mac and will need that info to run on wine