Sparx Systems Forum
Enterprise Architect => Suggestions and Requests => Topic started by: Krzysztof Swiatkowski on July 04, 2008, 10:55:16 pm
-
Please implement an option for displaying alias in project browser.
Ideally configured by package :),
realisticly - by Project or User will be just fine :)
Rationale: When using alias to track unique IDs of requirements and Use Cases it is not possible to see in Project Browser what ID use case has. This requires putting an ID into the name field which clutters the name.
Regards Kris
-
Of course you could use the auto name feature to generate the names, which would be visible in the Project Browser. Then use the alias for the 'friendly' name and set that as the default for diagrams.
But I agree with you, it would be useful to extend the alias option to the Project Browser tree. I believe this has been mentioned before, but I do not know if the suggestion was ever followed up with a feature request to Sparx.
Perhaps you'd care to get the ball rolling. Click the Feature Request link below the Support link near the bottom of any forum page, and fill out the form.
David
-
Yes but this only changes the sides at which information is. Because in this manner I don't see the text value for the element for exactly the same reason :)
I will file feature request for it and lets see what it does.
Kris
-
I agree with you, this would be a poor solution at best. It really only moves the problem around rather than mitigating it. You'd probably run into the same thing sometime later, and no easy solution would be at hand.
Let's see if the feature request goes anywhere.