Sparx Systems Forum

Enterprise Architect => Suggestions and Requests => Topic started by: MisterY on April 12, 2010, 10:46:14 am

Title: Support for Mercurial
Post by: MisterY on April 12, 2010, 10:46:14 am
Hi,

Is support for Mercurial as a version control tool planned for EA?

Best regards,

Alen
Title: Re: Support for Mercurial
Post by: Geert Bellekens on April 12, 2010, 04:26:59 pm
Alen,

Have you checked whether you can use the SCC interface with Mercurial?

Geert
Title: Re: Support for Mercurial
Post by: MisterY on April 12, 2010, 09:22:57 pm
Quote
Alen,

Have you checked whether you can use the SCC interface with Mercurial?

Geert

Mm, no. For some reason I had an impression that was related only to Visual Source Safe.  :-?

Will try that first thing tomorrow morning. Thanks for the suggestion!

Here is a link that might be useful:
http://www.sparxsystems.com/uml_tool_guide/uml_model_management/versioncontroloptionsscc.html
Title: Re: Support for Mercurial
Post by: MisterY on April 12, 2010, 10:03:27 pm
The only SCC provider for Mercurial I could find is
http://www.newsupaplex.pp.ru/hgscc_news_eng.html
and EA does not seem to see it (there is nothing in the list of SCC providers). :(

Edit: It is possible that this provider does not register as available for applications other that Visual Studio.
Title: Re: Support for Mercurial
Post by: MisterY on April 13, 2010, 10:30:36 am
Just got a reply from Sergey, the creator of the Hg SCC Provider plugin. There is an older version of the provider here:
http://www.newsupaplex.pp.ru/files/hgscc.zip

It implements the older MS SCCI API and is seen from Enterprise Architect. This is great! I'm going to try to simulate SVN workflow now.
Title: Re: Support for Mercurial
Post by: MisterY on April 14, 2010, 12:11:08 pm
However, I highly recommend not to use this option. The files do not get written properly and I've just lost some models because the XMI file was never written to disk previously.  :o
Title: A more generic interface would be nice....
Post by: Wowbagger on April 24, 2010, 06:54:14 am
What I'd like to see is a more generic VCS interface. I would assume (and we all know about assume....) that there is only a finite set of "things" that EA does with a VCS  - add a file, delete a file, check in a file, lock a file, etc.

What I'd like to see is a "Generic VCS..." setup, with the option to define what command line is needed for each command line, with appropriate macro parameters - then we could tie ANY EA into ANY VCS.