Sparx Systems Forum
Enterprise Architect => General Board => Topic started by: gk on May 26, 2016, 02:39:46 am
-
I have a realization relationship between a Business Requirement and Use Case.
Each Use Case may have one or more extending or related Use Cases.
Question: Is there a way to show the extended use cases within the RTM or report the connected relationships?
Thanks.
-
Turn on View/Traceability.
q.
-
Thanks. I have the Traceability window open. That works well. I am not able to see the linked use-cases in the Traceability Matrix. Perhaps I am missing a setting?
-
How do you link the extending use case?
q.
-
I have a use-case and associated to the use-case is a Business Requirement.
The Use-case may have zero or more other extending/including use-case. These appear in the Traceability window; however, they don't appear in the Traceability Matrix... I was hoping that during the past 10 years this would come. But I can't find a way to do it.
-
This matrix only lists direct links and no indirection. You are bound to the Traceability window for that.
q.
-
I was hoping that during the past 10 years this would come.
Did you report a bug? If it's not a bug, it certainly looks like an omission. Extend and Include are represented internally in EA as subtypes of the connector type 'UseCase'. 'UseCase' appears in the relationship matrix, but that isn't very useful if you can't distinguish Extends and Includes.