Sparx Systems Forum

Enterprise Architect => Automation Interface, Add-Ins and Tools => Topic started by: Eamonn John Casey on July 29, 2016, 02:27:23 am

Title: MDG Technologies: Does anyone have an example?
Post by: Eamonn John Casey on July 29, 2016, 02:27:23 am
Hi!
I am working to create an extension to the ArchiMate v3.0 MDG in Enterprise Architect v13. Can't seem to get it to work as expected. Does anyone know where I can get an example?
Eamonn J.
Title: Re: MDG Technologies: Does anyone have an example?
Post by: PeterHeintz on July 29, 2016, 02:54:56 am
I do not have an example on extending ArchiMate 3.0 but I did some extensions on SysML.
The way doing that might be similar. What kind of extensions do you have in mind? Just adding some tags, or?
Title: Re: MDG Technologies: Does anyone have an example?
Post by: Eamonn John Casey on July 29, 2016, 03:34:03 am
I am sure it is the same  ;D
Thinking to extending some of the elements, adding some tags/enumerations and toolboxes.
Anything to get me started would be greaylt appreaciated.
I tried following the documentation without any joy.
Eamonn J.
Title: Re: MDG Technologies: Does anyone have an example?
Post by: Helmut Ortmann on July 29, 2016, 02:40:44 pm
Hi,

there is an e-book from Thomas Kilian. It's called: Domain Specific Profiles (Configuring Enterprise Architect with MDG Files).

There you find examples and advices.

Regards,

Helmut
Title: Re: MDG Technologies: Does anyone have an example?
Post by: qwerty on July 29, 2016, 04:10:37 pm
Or maybe the two articles about MDG can help: http://liquit.biz/brain/enterprise.html (http://liquit.biz/brain/enterprise.html)
There's also a tutorial from a tigerteam (from Holland?) somewhere out there.

q.