Sparx Systems Forum

Enterprise Architect => Bugs and Issues => Topic started by: jwestbrook on July 31, 2016, 02:01:48 am

Title: 1303 - Dialogs open partially off-screen.
Post by: jwestbrook on July 31, 2016, 02:01:48 am
I had this issue with certain pop-up dialogs in v12 but I'm seeing it with most pop-up dialogs in v13. The dialog box opens partially above the top of the screen. The part of the dialog that is off-screen is the ribbon at the top that I would need to click on in order to move the box, thus, I can't move the box. For certain dialogs (e.g. model mail messages) there is no way to close the dialog because the "close" button is off-screen. This happens regardless of the size and placement of the EA application itself. Regardless of which monitor I run the application on, the dialogs always open on the primary monitor and always partially off-screen. Has anyone else seen this behavior and if so, have you figured out a way to fix it?

Examples of the dialogs I'm talking about include "clone diagram as new"  and "add-->diagram".

EA 1303 (but I've seen similar behavior with 12)
Windows 8.1 (but I've seen similar behavior with 8.0 and 7)
Title: Re: 1303 - Dialogs open partially off-screen.
Post by: VKN on August 01, 2016, 09:35:33 am
Changing the workspace may fix it.
Title: Re: 1303 - Dialogs open partially off-screen.
Post by: skiwi on August 02, 2016, 02:46:43 pm
I too have been having this problem a lot.
In my situation this occurs as I move a portable device between work stations (and the number of monitors varies).
I did put in a feature request,
and also received the useful advice to select the dialogue box (assuming you can see a bit of it) and then use
ALT+SPACE (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/126449) providing access to the system menu and thus you can move the window. Enjoy
Title: Re: 1303 - Dialogs open partially off-screen.
Post by: qwerty on August 02, 2016, 08:03:36 pm
I knew about the alt-space but could not remember the key combination. Hope, this time it sticks...

q.