Sparx Systems Forum

Enterprise Architect => Automation Interface, Add-Ins and Tools => Topic started by: stao on October 01, 2011, 08:57:26 pm

Title: EA.Element.MetaType
Post by: stao on October 01, 2011, 08:57:26 pm
Hi all
any idea how to extract the elements MetaType out of the SQL Tables?

thanks

stao
Title: Re: EA.Element.MetaType
Post by: qwerty on October 05, 2011, 06:33:09 am
I guess you can't. Probably the Meta type is somehow computed from the object type and the stereotype.

Why do you want to read it from the tables? Just issue a rep.getelementbyid and see what the API delivers.

q.
Title: Re: EA.Element.MetaType
Post by: stao on October 05, 2011, 08:34:30 am
the api is too slow to use the rep.Methods
Title: Re: EA.Element.MetaType
Post by: qwerty on October 05, 2011, 07:57:05 pm
True. But ignoring the official interface is negligent. I just go directly to the DB where the API lacks functionality.

q.
Title: Re: EA.Element.MetaType
Post by: KP on October 06, 2011, 09:06:26 am
The metatype is derived from the profile not the database, so I'm afraid SQL won't help you. As qwerty says, you will need to use the Object Model in this case...